Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's Finally Here...

Fall that is!!! I am l.o.v.i.n.g. this weather! Fall has always been my most favorite time of year...I love the colors, the smells, the weather, and of course the decorations. I couldn't hardly wait until September 22 to break out my pumpkins, fall leaves, and mums!








Of course September 22 wasn't only the first day of fall, it was also the first day of the fair and the parade. This year was a different experience for us. I have taken the boys every single year to the parade, but this year, they were supposed to walk in the parade with their boy scout groups. Clay ended up having to work and I had class, so the boys couldn't walk with their groups since we couldn't be with them. Clay is a member of the volunteer fire department where we live, so some of his friends offered to let the boys ride on the firetruck in the parade with them. Well of course they loved that idea! My boys would much rather "ride" in the parade than "walk" in it! (smart kids, if I do say so myself!) I was in such a hurry that day that I forgot my camera and when I was dropping them off, I had left my phone in the car, so I couldn't even get a picutre with that. Am I a horrible mother or what!?!? My kids' first time in the parade and I don't even have a picture to commemerate it!

Later that week, the first grade at Ty's school had their annual "Birthday Party." Since the kids can't bring cupcakes or goodies anymore to celebrate their individual birthdays, the first grade has one huge birthday party so they can celebrate everyone's birthday for the entire year. It's just like a regular birthday party...balloons, streamers, banners, cupcakes, ice-cream, goodie bags and games. I'm the head room mother in Ty's class, so I got to do all of the decorating and planning. Clay was off that afternoon, so I made him come help me decorate (you know he loved that). Who else was going to help me hang the streamers from the ceiling though? You know I'm too short (even standing on the desks, thank you very much!) The kids had a blast. We lit a candle on everyone's cupcake, sang happy birthday and then they got to dig in! When they finished with their snacks, I had set up a pin the tail on the donkey game and birthday bingo. Again, I was so busy that I hardly got any pictures. Just a few while the kids were eating. I wish I could've got the pictures of them playing pin the tail on the donkey...it was so funny!







In other news, I took my Praxis I test this past Saturday and........I PASSED!!!! Yay! Just one more thing I can mark off my list! I have an interview next month to get into the College of Education and then I can focus on getting d.o.n.e. !!! Midterms are next week and I couldn't be happier. It's hard to believe that this semester is halfway over! Just four more semesters to go. Woo-Hoo!!!

Also, went to the doctor for my two month check up yesterday...only lost 5 1/2 lbs. this month. Not too extremely happy about that. He assured me that this was just a "plateau" month and I should make up for it next month.


Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Get out there and enjoy that beautiful weather like we're going to!

GO EAGLES!!!!

1 comment:

Little Oak Table said...

Lori! I'm so glad you commented. I had lost your blog address.

Love, love, love your fall decorations.