Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Nesting???

Ok folks...I don't know what has gotten into me lately. If I was pregnant, I would call it nesting, but I'm not...so I'm not sure what it is. When I got home from school Friday afternoon I had an urge to clean out my closet. I've cleaned out my closet many times before, but nothing like this.

If it was too big, too small, or hadn't been worn in the past year or so, it got tossed. I have such a hard time getting rid of nice clothes that I think I may wear again one day, but it had to be done. We have a very small closet where we are living now, and my clothes were jam packed together and the rod was sagging in the middle and about to break.

These are all of the empty hangers when I was finished. There are Seventy...yep, I counted them. And there were only four there when I started.
You would think I would have stopped there. But, to the contrary. I woke up Saturday morning with an overwhelming urge to rearrange my living room. Which led to a massive cleaning of the enitre house. You know when you move furniture that hasn't been moved in awhile and you see all the dirt and dust under it??? Well, that just pushed me over the edge. I moved every piece of furniture in our house to sweep and mop under it (we have stained concrete floors throughout our house), cleaned baseboards, took down blinds and curtains and cleaned them. And did I mention that while I was doing all of this I had anywhere from 8-10 kids running in and out of my house? Oh yes, that has become an every Saturday occurence now. My two boys, four brother and sisters from next door, another brother and sister from down the street, and occassionally, their two older sisters.
Anywho...that's beside the point.
You think I would have been worn out from all the cleaning, but I started in again Sunday. Sunday afternoon after church I decided to clean out our desk and reorganize. Now that was a chore. Trying to decide what could be thrown away and what needed to stay. I feel so much better now though. Don't you just love the way you feel when everything is organized???

No comments: