Monday, June 1, 2009

My Hubby Rocks Too!

Ok, so awhile back everyone was posting these "My husband rocks" posts. At the time, I thought, what could I say that would be any different from everyone elses'??? Like most of you said your husbands do, mine also works hard to provide for our family and has allowed me to stay home whenever I have fancied. (which has changed from time to time! :) ) But lately, we've been taking time to focus on each other.
A few weekends ago, he took it upon himself to get his parents to watch the kiddos so we could have the day to ourselves to do whatever we wanted. He let ME choose whatever I wanted to do. So....I chose to spend the day going to flea markets and antique stores. I love doing that sort of thing, but usually go alone or with the boys. Clay has NEVER been with me. I thought it would be a long day and he would complain the whole time, but he didn't, not even one bit! As a matter of fact, he actually enjoyed it and suggested we start doing that together once a month.
Then the next weekend, he decided that I needed a new Spring/Summer wardrobe so he took me shopping. I didn't even ask him to. He saw that I was having a hard time finding warm weather clothes to wear and he wanted me to have some new clothes to start school in. Come on ladies...how often does a husband offer to take you shopping and buy you whatever you want with no strings attached? I know mine hasn't in the past! That's why this was such a wonderful surprise and why he rocks even more!!!
This past weekend, we decided to do something together as a family. I suggested that we go hiking. I love to go hiking, but Clay isn't that into it. As a matter of fact, the last time we went hiking together was about 10 1/2 years ago before we got married. Even though I know he really didn't want to, he said he would go wherever I wanted. So...Saturday we drove up to Petit Jean Mountain and hiked down to the waterfalls. It was a beautiful weekend and we had a great time.
Here's a few pics I took from the weekend






And that's why my husband rocks!!! Love you Babe!

5 comments:

april said...

So sweet ;) & so much better than Post-It's - hahaha!! j/k j/k
Looks like y'all had a fun day hiking!
I only made it out with the dress for Ava, fyi - we should go shopping together soon - with both of us looking, nothing would be left unturned :)!

Nic said...

So glad you joined it!

Ps...School it OUT!!!

Nic said...

ok...so that's supposed to be glad you joined IN!! errrr....

Nic said...

AAHHH...what is up with IT? school IS out!! Bless my heart...

Executive Momma said...

There's something for you on my blog! Go check it out!! :)