Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Veterans Day



Yesterday was Veterans Day, and the third grade classes at VPS decided to have an assembly recognizing some of their family members that were veterans. I think we had 13 veterans in all that showed up, including my Papa, which was the only WWII veteran there. Each of the students got to introduce their family member and tell what branch of service they were in and when they served. All of you that know my Papa know just how much this meant to him. He had a great time! I think we should all take the time to thank those men and women that have fought for our freedom so we can be where we are today. I know I'm proud of my Papa! :)


Hunter, Ty, Papa, & I

Hunter introducing his Papa

Me with my Mom & Granny (yes, I am the only blonde in the family...and you thought it was natural, didn't you!?!?)

3 comments:

april said...

Look at that grin on Rube's face!! How sweet :) I know that meant so much to him - he is so crazy about your boys!! What a wonderful way to let our Veteran's know how much they mean to us :)
p.s. LOVE the Eagles shirt!

Anonymous said...

THAT IS JUST TOO SWEET! I KNOW YOU ARE PROUD OF HIM AND I AM TOO! I LOVE THE EAGLES SHIRT TOO!
~LOVE YA ~TORASA

Sarah said...

Aww! This brought tears to my eyes! What a great memory for both of your boys! I still remember when I was in the 5th Grade, the second year of the first Gulf War - we did a montage of the service anthems at our musical - and I will never forget how proud I was when my grandpa stood up when we sand his anthem. Hunter and Ty will always remember the day that their great-grandpa got to come to their school!!